- Career Counseling includes all counseling activities associated with career choices and is an ongoing process, as interests change frequently throughout the high school years. Individual needs and abilities are recognized as important parts of the selection and exploration process.
- Counselors have a variety of resources at their disposal. The guidance department…
- •is involved with the health careers club visiting and exploring careers in fields related to personal health
- •maintains a library of career exploration books and pamphlets
- •maintains an up to date list of useful career counseling websites
- •hosts representatives from the Morris County School of Technology
- •visits the Morris County School of Technology with interested students
- •offers interest inventories to students
- •evaluates/augments results of all inventories
- The internet offers a wealth of information that may be used to refine a students career path. Interest assessments, ability assessments and more are available. One of the most useful tools in career exploration process is the Occupational Outlook Handbook. This governmental website allows one to explore careers and evaluate characteristics such as salary, work environment, and the education/training necessary and much more.
Career Assessments & Website
Hanover Park High School does its career assessment thru Naviance. HPHS pays to have the access to Naviance Family Connection. All students meet with their counselor to set up their email and password(If student additional assistent please their counselor). Users can take a career assessment, explore various careers and colleges that have those related majors, create resumes, and save all the search results to their portfolio
- Offers an extensive list of Internet career assessments, occupational research, links of majors to careers, & college information.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook – online version. The best website for career exploration.
- This site helps college students transition from major to career.
- Assists in guiding you through choosing a career and offers many career links.
- Offers many career resources including detailed descriptions on specific occupations.
- Links to all of the popular websites on careers, colleges, plus information for athletes, scholarships, special education issues, & much more.
- Information on New Jersey employment.
- Licensing information from NJ Department of Education for prospective teachers